Welcome to Tennessee’s first nationally accredited Senior Center. We invite you to participate in the Center’s activities. Our vision is to provide activities for today’s seniors to enjoy an Active Life through Active Living.
The center also serves as a resource for information on aging, training, professional leadership, volunteer leadership, and the development of new approaches to aging programs. The center plans activities and services that are designed to improve the physical, social, emotional, and educational quality of life.
TransportationNEED A RIDE? CALL (423) 434-6237
The Johnson City Seniors' Services provides transportation to and from the center for persons 50+ who reside within the Johnson City city limits and whose residence is one or more blocks away from a mass transit route.
Morning pick-up begins at 9:00 a.m. for arrival at the center by 10:00 a.m. Afternoon return home transportation is offered at 12:30 p.m. Special transportation is provided for some volunteer services and for grocery shopping from several senior housing sites.
Our Mission and Values
The mission of the Senior Services division is be the leader in providing innovative services to enrich the lives of adults 50+. The Senior Services division prides itself on obtaining the following values:
- Serving as the designated community focal point for adults 50+ services
- Providing fellowship and activities with peers that reflect experience and skills of its members
- Providing opportunities for dignity and personal growth
- Enhancing independence of the 50+ population
- Sustaining national accreditation through the National Council on Aging/National Institute of Senior Centers (NCOA/NISC)