Maps & Data


Home  Services  Maps & Data  Addressing

To Request an official E911 Address (Johnson City ONLY)

Owners and developers, when you are ready to submit plans for permits then please use our Address App
  • Use the Verify an Address tab in the app below to verify that the property has an official E911 address.
  • If you do not have an official E911 address, addressing will be assigned during the permit process. Refer to the Request an Address tab for further instructions .
  • You must provide or upload a site plan showing the location of the building(s),  driveway(s), adjacent lots.
  • You must be the owner of the property or the developer representing the owner to request an address.
  • If you are re-platting the property, the re-plat must have received final approval from the Planning Division of Development Services.

Click here to use the app

Click here for information on Addressing Standards

Click here for important details on the Addressing Process

Frequently asked questions about ADDRESSING

Why did my house number have to change?

What are some examples of non-compliance?

Does Johnson City have other options?

How was my new house number chosen?

When do I need to make the changes?

Whom should I notify about my new address?

Do I need to change my deed?

How should I display the numbers on my house or business?

I haven't changed my address yet. What address should I give to 911, my old address or my new address?

What will happen if I don't change my address?

What should I do if I think my new address has a new issue which might cause confusion for emergency responders?

What can I do to help ensure that emergency responders can find me quickly?