johnson city fire department
The Johnson City Fire Department is a full-time career department serving more than 67,000 city residents, nearly 15,000 East Tennessee State University students, more than 400 Veterans Affairs-Mountain Home residents, and thousands of daily commuters. The department has 130 members, 108 of whom are dedicated to fire suppression, Haz-Mat, and medical first response operations. The department operates three shifts with approximately 39 firefighters working per 24-hour shift. Firefighters respond from nine fire stations, operating nine pumpers, three ladder trucks, and two district chief command vehicles.
The Johnson City Fire Department's Vision is to provide exceptional service to our community through Core Values.
The Johnson City Fire Department's Mission is to be the all-hazards provider to the citizens and visitors through Prevention, Preparedness, and Emergency Response.
The core values will HELP the Johnson City Fire Department to establish their guiding philosophy.
Honesty-truthful in all we do
Empathy-compassion for all in need
Loyalty-devoted to serving the community
Professionalism-through valued service
The Johnson City Fire Department is an organization of professional servants who exemplify its purpose and core values.
- We value honesty and integrity in all matters, leading to the highest level of professionalism.
- We value service with the understanding that we are here to meet the needs of the public.
- We value compassion by aspiring to relieve the suffering of those in distress.
- We value respect for each person as an individual.
- We value dedication, working through any challenge to meet our community’s needs.