To learn more and to gather more data and information on our maps, addressing and more, click here.
The Geographic Information Systems division’s primary function is to provide mapping and spatial analyses to city departments and offer self-serve applications and data to the public to empower them to make data-driven decisions.
GIS activities focus principally on:
- Creating, managing, updating, and enhancing database layers of geographically located features and corresponding feature information;
- Creating maps and statistical data from the database layers;
- Using spatial models to perform analyses on real world problems;
- Supporting city staff in their efforts to use GIS application programs;
- Assisting city staff with GIS and mapping needs for special projects; and
- Providing the public with self-serve web maps and open data