The Public Works department provides services intended to maintain the health, safety, and welfare of the community and enhance the quality of life through code enforcement, right-of-way maintenance, and transportation improvements.
The department consists of five major divisions: Engineering, Solid Waste, Stormwater, Streets, and Traffic.MISSION
The Public Works Department strives to:
- Protect the health of the community through the proper collection and disposal of garbage, debris, and yard waste;
- Enhance the safety of the community through proper maintenance of roadways, traffic control devices, and pedestrian ways;
- Protect the welfare of the community through the development of a public infrastructure capable of accommodating and encouraging future growth and stabilizing existing commercial and residential areas;
- Maintain and upgrade the aesthetic quality of the community through urban forestry initiatives and landscaping public places; and
- Provide environmental stewardship through stormwater and ground water protection initiatives.