A charter is a grant from the state that brings a city into existence and defines its governmental structure and powers.
Code of ORDINANCES
A code of ordinances is a compilation (codification) of all general and continuing city ordinances and penal ordinances. The University of Tennessee's Municipal Technical Advisory Service maintains the City of Johnson City's code of ordinances.
The Document Center provides easy access to public documents. Click on one of the categories below to see related documents or use the search function.
Documents sorted by _RECORDID in Descending Order within category
CITY CODE ORDINANCES - Passed but not currently on MTAS site16 documents
- Ord 4790-21
- Ord 4791-21
- ORD 4793-21
- ORD 4781-21
- ORD 4787-21
- ORD 4786-21
- ORD 4785-21 930 Riverview Drive
- ORD 4779-21
- ORD 4776-21 Amend Title 11 Chapter 1
- ORD 4772-21 Amend Title 8 Chapters 1 and 2
- ORD 4760-21 Amend Title 11 Chapter 5
- ORD 4769-21 115 Swanee Dr Rezoning
- ORD 4767-21
- ORD 4765-20 Amend Title 8 Chapter 4
- ORD 4755-20 Amend Title 8 Chapter 2
- ORD 4758-20 Adoption of the 2018 ICC Codes