· March 21, 2019 – Design services approved by City Commission to begin preliminary design of the project by Mattern & Craig.
· July 26, 2019 – City received revised draft PER and 30% project plans.
· Sept. 17, 2019 – City received 60% project plans.
· Oct. 3, 2019 – Engineer compiled and reviewed citizen feedback from Sept. 24, 2019 community meeting.
· Oct. 18, 2019 – Engineer completed additional field survey and researched property ownership for necessary easements.
· Oct. 25, 2019 – Engineer reviewed lift station options.
· Nov. 8, 2019 – Engineer finalized sewer lift station layout.
· January 2020 – City received 90% project plans. (Click here to view.)
· February 2020 – Engineer is incorporating City comments on 90% project plan.
· March 2020 – Engineer is finalizing 100% plans and property owners within the project alignment are being contacted to obtain easements.
· April 2020 – Engineer is preparing to advertise the project in two contracts as Phase I and Phase II to bid in May 2020. Property owners within the project alignment are continuing to be contacted to obtain easements.
· May 2020 – Phase I of the project was advertised to bid on May 24 and Phase II of the project is planned to be advertised to bid in June 2020.
· June 2020 – Phase I of the Project is currently advertised to bid. A non-mandatory pre-bid meeting was completed on June 11. During the pre-bid meeting, it was mentioned that bidders must coordinate any site visits on private property with the engineer and City staff 48 hours ahead of time in order to notify homeowners.
· July 2020 – Phase I: Phase I bids were opened on June 24th. A bid recommendation to award the project to Merkel Brothers Construction, Inc. in the amount of $990,081.32 is on the July 16th city commission agenda for approval.
Phase II: Project was advertised to bid on June 14th. A non-mandatory pre-bid meeting was completed on July 1st. During the pre-bid meeting, it was mentioned that bidders must coordinate any site visits on private property with the Engineer and City staff 48 hours ahead of time in order to let any homeowners know. Phase II bids are planned to be opened on July 14th.
· Project construction is estimated to begin in Summer 2020.
· Project construction for both phases is estimated to last six months.
Updates will be posted to this page as they are available.