Traffic Citations

There are several ways to resolve a traffic citation if you are 18 years or older. Requirements for juveniles can be found here.

Adults may satisfy the citation by one of these methods:

  • Paying the fine/cost prior to your court date;
  • By registering to attend a defensive driving class if you qualify; or
  • By attending court on your appointed date and time.
Eligibility requirements for defensive driver courses may be found here.


To pay a fine by mail, please follow the instructions on the back of the citation.

Citations may also be resolved at Johnson City Municipal Court on the date/time printed on the front of the citation.

To resolve a traffic citation in person, please visit Police Records at 601 E. Main St., Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m.. Credit and debit cards are not accepted at the Police Records window. Cash, check, or money orders are accepted unless the ticket is past due, in which case only cash or money order are accepted.

Note: If you received a summons/citation for driving on a suspended, revoked, or canceled license, you must appear in Washington County Sessions Court and you must be fingerprinted prior to your court date. Instructions for fingerprinting are printed on the back of your citation.


Parking citations must be resolved on or before the court date to avoid progressive late fees. Parking fines may be paid with check or money order and mailed in the envelope provided. Payment must arrive prior to the court date.

If your citation is overdue, please call 423-434-6160 to obtain the adjusted amount.