April 24, 2020
For immediate release
City seeking applications for multiple vacancies on volunteer boards and committees
The Johnson City Board of Commissioners is accepting applications for appointments to the following volunteer boards and committees. All appointments are scheduled to be made in July.
- Animal Control Board: One appointment for a three-year term. Veterinary license required. City or County residency required.
- BrightRidge Board of Directors: One appointment for a four-year term. City residency required.
- Health and Educational Facilities Board: Two appointments for six-year terms and one for four-year term.
- Housing and Community Development Board: Four appointments, each for two-year terms. City residency required.
- Johnson City Regional Planning Commission: Three appointments, each for three-year terms. City residency required for two appointments. One appointment requires residency outside of the Johnson City corporate limit, but within the Urban Growth Boundary of the City of Johnson City.
- Parks and Recreation Advisory Board: One appointment for a three-year term. City residency required
- Public Art Committee: Three appointments, each for three-year terms.
- Public Building Authority: Three appointments, each for six-year terms. City residency required.
Any citizen interested in serving may submit an application online at www.johnsoncitytn.org/boards. The deadline for applications is Friday, May 29. Descriptions of each board and committee may be found online at www.johnsoncitytn.org/boards_and_committees.