Senior Services at Memorial Park Community Center, 510 Bert St., will provide community members 18 and older with the following free classes in November:
- Soup’s On: Monday, Nov. 11, 11 a.m.-noon. Attendees will be provided new ideas for simple soup recipes that are quick, easy, healthy and tasty. Samples and recipes will be provided.
- Relief for Dry Eyes: Thursday, Nov. 14,10:30-11:30 a.m. Cindy Larkin, a Johnson City Eye Clinic dry eye specialist, will share underlying causes for dry eyes and lifestyle factors that may make symptoms worse. Practical tips to soothe dry eyes will be provided to attendees.
- Ask the Cardiologist: Thursday, Nov. 14, 1-2 p.m. Dr. Raymond Merrick, a local cardiologist, will answer heart-related questions in a relaxed and informal setting. This informative Q&A session will give attendees a better understanding of heart conditions, testing and treatments.
- Physical Medicine – How to Keep Your Own Joints: Tuesday, Nov. 19, 9:30-10:30 a.m. Attendees will learn new ways to keep and regenerate joints that allow individuals to get back to living and moving better. Refreshments provided.
- Savor the Season – Mindful Eating: Tuesday, Nov. 19, 11 a.m.-noon. Registered dietitian Crystal Woods will provide tips to attendees about practicing mindful eating and offer ways to think about food differently, which can lead to lasting change without giving up favorite treats.
- All About Arthritis: Tuesday, Nov. 26, 10:30-11:30 a.m. Attendees will learn about the most common types of arthritis and recommended treatment options, plus tips for managing the pain and stiffness of everyday life.
Classes are open to all ages. Please preregister and/or seek further information by calling 423-434-6237.