The City of Johnson City, in partnership with Boone Watershed Partnership and Tennessee Department of Transportation, is providing a free household Wild Tire Roundup Day for residents of the surrounding area on Saturday (June 22). Tires will be accepted at 116 Legion St., across from Legion Street Pool.
The event begins at 10 a.m., and tires will be accepted until 2 p.m. or until capacity is reached. Participants are asked to abide by the following guidelines when bringing tires to the event:
- Passenger vehicle tires only
- Eight tire limit per household
- Tires on wheels accepted, but no wheels only
- 35-inch maximum tire diameter
- No semi-truck tires accepted
- ID with address is required
- Tires from businesses or commercial operations will not be accepted.
CONTACT: David Rock, stormwater inspector