Senior Services offers health and wellness programs
Senior Services at Memorial Park Community Center, 510 Bert St., will offer the following free programs this month:
- Managing Migraines: Tuesday, June 7, 11 a.m.-noon. Gain a better understanding of migraines, how they differ from other headaches, potential causes and triggers, self-care tips plus treatment options. All ages.
- Wits Workout – Brain Fitness: Monday, June 13, 1-2 p.m. Attendees will participate in a fun, interactive program designed to keep the brain sharp. Facilitators will offer brain teasers and games that get people thinking as well as helpful information based on current research. 50+.
- Hypertension – What You Need to Know: Tuesday, June 14, 11 a.m.-noon. Attendees will learn the latest information about managing blood pressure and the importance of keeping it under control. They will also learn what can affect blood pressure and how blood pressure impacts overall health. All ages.
- Sleep Struggles: Tuesday, June 14, 10-11 a.m. Attendees who have difficulty falling asleep or staying asleep will learn more about insomnia and receive practical tips for getting a better night’s sleep. All ages.
- Heart Healthy Eating: Thursday, June 16, 1-2 p.m. What should be on the shopping list to keep the heart healthy? Leah McGrath, Ingles dietitian, will share what foods may help or hurt cardiovascular health. Attendees will learn useful tips for delicious meals. All ages.
For more information, call 423-434-6237.