Aug. 10, 2021
Johnson City to resume mask requirement inside City facilities
City Manager Pete Peterson announced Monday that the City of Johnson City will require employees and visitors to wear face coverings in all city facilities to mitigate the spread of COVID-19.
“With a low vaccination rate and the highly contagious Delta variant, COVID-19 is again spreading rapidly in our community,” Peterson said. “The responsible thing for all of us to do is to take the precautions we know to be helpful in limiting transmission. In addition to wearing masks, we ask everyone to practice social distancing, wash hands and stay home if you’re sick.”
The City of Johnson City continues to encourage residents and businesses to limit in-person interaction and conduct City business by phone, email or through the use of online services available on the City’s website, www.johnsoncitytn.org.
Building, Trades, Sign Permits and Planning Applications
- All building, trades, sign permits and planning applications may be applied for online through the CityView Portal, https://jc-cityviewweb.johnsoncitytn.org/CityViewPortal/. Online applications are preferred but physical documents will be accepted at the permit counter at the rear of City Hall. For questions related to the CityView, please contact Adrienne Brown at 423-434-5845 or firstname.lastname@example.org. For the Planning Division, contact Nicole Lawrence at 423-434-6074 or email@example.com.
- Information available in person at the Police Records Unit located inside City Hall can be obtained through other methods. Individuals may call 423-434-6160 and select option 2 or send an email to JCPDRecords@johnsnoncitytn.org. Documents intended for the records unit or municipal court can be photographed or scanned and attached to the email.
- Fines may be paid at https://www.paymyfineonline.com/or by mailing a check or money order to Police Records, P.O. Box 2150, Johnson City, TN 37605.
- Traffic crash reports are available at http://www.crashdocs.orgfive to seven days following the incident.
- The public may conduct any necessary City procurement business by phone, email or through the use of online services that are available on the City website, johnsoncitytn.org/purchasing.
- All solicitations are available for electronic submission. This method is encouraged and preferred.
- The Purchasing Department may be reached by phone at 423-975-2715or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Utility and Tax Bills
- The City of Johnson City offers a free autodraft service for payment of utility bills. Enrollment can be completed online via a short form at johnsoncitytn.org/autodraft. Customers must upload a copy of a voided check to complete enrollment.
- Utility bills may also be paid using the night depository located at City Hall, 601 E. Main St.
- To pay utility bills by phone, please call 877-768-5046. To pay property taxes by phone, please call 877-768-5048.
- New water and sewer services customers can call 423-461-1640 to sign up for service with a credit card.
More information about online payments can be found at www.johnsoncitytn.org/payments.
“More than 95 percent of those hospitalized in our area are unvaccinated,” Peterson said. “We are pleading with everyone to get vaccinated so that we can put this pandemic behind us for good.”