For immediate release
CONTACT: Deb Fogle, senior services manager
Parks and Recreation
Senior Services offers health and wellness presentations, discussions
Senior Services at Memorial Park Community Center, 510 Bert St., will offer the following free programs in August to individuals 18 and older:
- Diabetes Control: Why It’s So Important: Monday, Aug. 9, 11 a.m.-noon. Participants will gain a better understanding of diabetes, potential complications and how to manage it. Paul C. Lange, MD, will provide important tips for controlling blood sugar and reducing risks.
- Hypertension: What You Need to Know: Tuesday, Aug. 10, 10-11 a.m. Participants will receive the latest information about managing blood pressure and the importance of keeping it under control. Discussion topics will include what can impact blood pressure and how blood pressure impacts overall health. Participants will learn what numbers really mean and how different medications work.
- Injury Screenings: Wednesday, Aug. 18, 10 a.m.-noon. Physical therapists from PT Solutions will be at the center to address orthopedic concerns, assess musculoskeletal problems and offer advice.
- Arthritis & Nutrition: Wednesday, Aug. 25, 10:30-11:30 a.m. Participants will learn which foods promote inflammation and which foods help fight it. Attendees will receive tips for incorporating more anti-inflammatory foods into their diet.
- Joint Health: Tuesday, Aug. 31, 10-11 a.m. Dr. Tim Dunne will discuss potential causes of joint pain and treatment options to improve quality of life.