Risk Management administers a variety of insurance and safety programs that are designed to protect and maintain the financial integrity of City-owned assets and provide a safe environment for City employees and the general public. Risk Management’s responsibilities include
- Identifying, minimizing, and preventing risk exposures through a comprehensive loss prevention and safety program, including site inspections, employee training, and departmental safety consultation services.
- Managing the property insurance program, including evaluation of City-owned facilities to ensure that the proper level of insurance coverage is provided.
- Managing the City’s casualty insurance programs, including management of liability claims.
- Managing workers’ compensation claims for City and School employees.
- Reviewing contract insurance specifications and analyzing coverage to ensure that all City requirements are achieved.