2015 Winged Deer Lakeside Concert Series
Winged Deer Park Lakefront Festival Plaza - Goulding Amphitheatre
Join us for a memorable musical experience this summer at the Lakeside Concert Series. This year's concerts will feature a dynamic mixture of the area's top talent, and admission is free! Bring your lawn chairs, picnic basket, and your dancing shoes. Winged Deer Park is located at 4137 Bristol Highway, and the lakefront amphitheater is off Carroll Creek Road.
This year’s concert schedule is as follows:
• Thursday, July 16, 7-9 p.m.
– Wolf Creek Band
• Thursday, July 23, 7-9 p.m.
– Daisi Rain
• Thursday, July 30, 7-9 p.m.
– Whiskey Sticks
• Thursday, Aug. 6, 7-9 p.m.
– Hollow Ground
• Thursday, Aug. 13, 7-9 p.m.
– Model City Wrecking Crew
• Thursday, Aug. 20, 7-9 p.m.
– Kids Our Age
• Sunday, Sept. 13, 6-8 p.m.
– Johnson City Symphony
For more information, call (423) 283-5815, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Summer at Memorial Park Community Center
Memorial Park Community Center, 510 Bert St., is the place to be this summer! Below is a list of upcoming programs and events that your community center has to offer.
• Start Smart Football
– Mondays, July 27-Aug. 31: Registration is now open (children ages 5-7) online here
and at Memorial Park Community Center for Start Smart Football. This NAYS (National Alliance for Youth Sports) program is a great way to get your child involved at a young age. Parents and guardians are required to be involved one- on-one with their child during instruction. Start Smart Football focuses on teaching children and their parents' skills in passing, catching, and running. Held once a week for 6 weeks, the exercise will become increasingly more difficult as the class progresses and the children show improvement. Cost is $25/city resident, $30/non-city. Pre-registration is required.
• Dollie & Me Tea Party
– Saturday, Aug. 29: Children ages 2-12 are invited to a very special tea party from 10-11 a.m. on Saturday, Aug. 29 at Memorial Park Community Center. Participants should plan to bring along their favorite toy friend for this Dollie and Me Tea Party. Light refreshments will be served, and children will make a pair of matching bracelets to take home. Cost is $5 per child. Participants must pre-register in person at the center.
Call (423)434-5749 for more information or to register.
JC Parks & Recreation 2015 Summer Camps
This summer you can discover a variety of 7-week camps, specialty camps, and 1/2 day camps to create your child’s best summer ever. If you’re looking for fitness, nutrition and fun, try our Jump Start JC Camp that is held at Freedom Hall Gymnasium. Teens will adventure this summer at Fairmont Adventure Camp located in the old Fairmont School gymnasium. Nature will take you on incredible journeys to learn about reptiles, geology, and take a closer look at the environment. Learn to dance, sing, and play an instrument as part of our Performing Arts Camps at Princeton Art Center this summer. Think creatively at our Art Camp, also held at Princeton Arts Center. Summer camps will be packed full of team building activities, group initiatives, physical fitness activities, and much more!
To register, please go online at www.myjcparks.org.
You may also register at the following locations: Carver Recreation Center, Memorial Park Community Center, Princeton Arts Center, and Winged Deer Park.
DIVE - RIDE - STRIDE
3rd Annual Kids Triathlon
It's that time of year again! Memorial Park Community Center is hosting the third annual kids triathlon on Saturday, August 15, 2015. The race is open to ages 6-12 yr old participants. Check in time is 8 am at Legion Street pool.
• Ages 6-8
- swim 50 meters, bike 1 mile, run .5 mile - Register Online
- Click here
• Ages 9-10
- swim 100 meters, bike 1.5 mile, run 1 mile - Register Online
- Click here
• Ages 11-12
- swim 150 meters, bike 2 miles, run 1.5 mile - Register Online
- Click here
You may register online or you may register between normal business hours at Memorial Park Community Center (510 Bert Street) from 7 am-9 pm Monday-Friday and Saturday 9 am-5 pm. Check or cash is required for payment at the center. Credit cards may only be used during online transactions. Early registration is June 15- August 7 - $25.00. Late registration is August 8-14 - $40.00
For more information, please contact MPCC at (423) 434-5749
Back 2 School Block Party
Carver Recreation Center, 322 W. Watauga Ave., invites students in grades K-12 to a Back 2 School Block Party on Friday, August 7th from 5-7 p.m. Schools supplies will be distributed to youth who sign up for the following programs:
• Stay in School Program
• Strive for Grades Program
• Carver Homework Helpers Program
Admission to the event is free! Swim time at Legion Street Pool will be offered for $1 per person. For more information on this event, please call (423) 461-8830.
MORE GOING ON
- For more City events, please follow us here.
- For more Freedom Hall Civic Center events, please follow us here.