"It's a Whoville Christmas" - Downtown Activities and Christmas Parade
December 2-3, 2016 Downtown Johnson City
December 2nd - CHRISTMAS TREE LIGHTING
• 6pm at the Plaza on Buffalo Street - Join us for music & holiday cheer as we revive a tradition for Johnson City and light the Christmas tree. Music by the Indian Trail Intermediate School 6th Grade Chorus.
December 3rd - JOHNSON CITY CHRISTMAS PARADE
• Parade begins at 11:30am - Beginning at W. Walnut Street, the parade route will continue through Buffalo Street, turn right on Main Street to Colonial Way, then turn left on to State of Franklin Road. The parade will end at Legion Street. Bring your family and friends and enjoy the event.
December 3rd - WHOVILLE VILLAGE
• 1-3pm in the Pavillion at Founders Park - Following the parade, community organizations will provide activities for kids including pictures with the Grinch and more. Food trucks will be on site. We will be collecting new scarves, hats and gloves for children and seniors in need.
After the festivities, enjoy shopping and eating throughout downtown's many local retail shops and restaurants to complete your Christmas shopping needs. This year's events and activities are slated to be some of the best Christmas cheer in the region. For questions on any of these events, please contact (423) 202-3510.
Senior Services to offer Friday Night Dances
Citizens are invited to put on their dancing shoes and join Senior Services the first and third Friday of each month to dance the night away. Memorial Park Community Center, 510 Bert St., will host Friday Night Dances from 7-10 p.m. Admission is $5 per person; Silver Sneakers® discount is available for eligible members. (Pricing may vary for special events.) Schedule is as follows:
• Friday, Nov. 4 – Jerry Pierce Band
• Friday, Nov. 18 – Eddie Skelton Band
• Friday, Dec. 2 – Jerry Pierce Band
• Friday, Dec. 16 – Christmas Dance with Kids Our Age
Please register in person at the MPCC Senior Services desk. For more information, call (423)434-6237.
Senior Services to host Invigorating Wellness series
Senior Services at Memorial Park Community Center, 510 Bert St., will offer a quarterly series on Invigorating Wellness starting this month. Invigorating Wellness will highlight several complementary health approaches identified by the National Center for Complementary and Integrative Medicine
Each session costs $5 and will be held from 5:30-7:30 p.m. Refreshments will be served. The schedule is as follows:
• November 15, 2016
– Essential Oils with Jamie Hyatt, RN
• February 21, 2017
– Massage Therapy with Janet Rice, MT
• May 16, 2017
– Chiropractic with Dr. Timothy Dunne
• August 15, 2017
– Supplements/Herbs with Seth McLaughlin
For more information and to pre-register, please call (423)434-6237.
MORE GOING ON
- For more City events, please follow us here.
- For more Freedom Hall Civic Center events, please follow us here.