The Johnson City Fire Department is a full-time career department serving 63,152 city residents as well as 14,957 East Tennessee State University students, 404 Veterans Affairs-Mountain Home residents and thousands of daily commuters. The Department has 119 members, 108 of whom are dedicated to Fire Suppression, Haz-Mat and Medical First Response Operations. The department operates three shifts with approximately 35 firefighters working per 24-hour shifts. Firefighters respond from nine fire stations, operating nine pumpers, three ladder trucks, and one incident command vehicle.
It is the vision of the Johnson City Fire Department to provide diversified emergency services through trust, dedication, teamwork, professionalism and pride pursuing the highest standards of safety for all who face the loss of life, property or livelihood.
Our mission is to preserve life and property, while promoting safety through education and dedicated service.
The Johnson City Fire Department is an organization of professional servants whose purpose and core values are exemplified by each employee.
- We value honesty and integrity in all matters, leading to the highest level of professionalism.
- We value service with the understanding that we are here to meet the needs of the public.
- We value compassion by aspiring to relieve the suffering of those in distress.
- We value respect for each person as an individual.
- We value dedication, working through any challenge to meet our community’s needs.
With these values, we will continue to make a difference.